LUNA Chix

LUNA Chix
Technologically challenged at times.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Today's Life: Couch Potato

My mom called me last night when I was deep in REM sleep to inform me that their entire vacation party had been evacuated from their Waikiki hotel due to a tsunami. It was very surreal....I was not quite sure what had happened but I knew they were safe and she told me there had been a big earthquake in Japan.  Then I went back to restless sleep.

By the time I woke up, I was not feeling well....very upset stomach, but no "symptoms" beyond just feeling bad.  I had to cancel my three-hour bike ride, which was a big bummer, as today was the only dry day for a while.  I hit the couch and spent a good portion of the day watching MSNBC, CNN, reading a book, messing around on my computer, and napping.  I kept food down.  I drank liquids.  I didn't have a fever.  Not sure why I felt crappy, there was nothing glaringly wrong about me...if I were a kid, I would have had to go to school.   Maybe I just needed to spend some down time, not running errands, cleaning, sorting, exercising, etc etc.  It was my body's way of saying SLOW THE HELL DOWN!

<Of course, I am trying to gather energy to go out with a bunch of friends in Seattle tonight.  I don't think I'll be the life of the party, but I will at least be at the party.>

I have been having a lot of doubts about RAMROD today....probably because I missed some good training....but wondering if it is worth it to ride so much just for the sake of one really long day.  I'll continue thinking about that, and won't make any rash decisions.  I am fortunate to have the support of the RAMROD organizers to choose what I want to do, and will have a bed at Wildwood if I want, or a slot in the ride....so I am not under any crazy pressure, thankfully. 

I am not a good couch potato.  I can't believe how much of one I used to be.  One day and I have had it!!  Let's hope whatever it is will be gone by tomorrow so I can have a full weekend of workouts!  Obsessed.  Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment