LUNA Chix

LUNA Chix
Technologically challenged at times.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

How to love a book

Oh, Adrian Colesberry.  I do love you, in a strictly platonic way, of course.  I first glanced at your book "How to Make Love to Adrian Colesberry by Adrian Colesberry" when in Portland over a year ago, but I didn't buy it.  I came across it a few months later at a local bookstore, and decided that it was meant to be, so I purchased it.

I have now read it at least three times, mostly in one sitting each, as it is the type of book that is impossible to put down.  I am not doing a book review here, so I am not going into details.  Suffice it to say, it is the funniest dirty book I have ever read, and I laughed my ass off each time I read it.

Fast forward a couple of months ago.  On a whim, I sent a friend request on Facebook to Mr. Colesberry, and a couple of days later, he accepted it!  That made me so happy, especially when I perused his page and realized that it was not a fan site, but his actual own page, with tags of him in high school, comments posted to and from him to other people's pages, etc.  Wow, he is a REAL person!  And I keep on talking about his book to friends, finally promising to loan it to my friend Janet.

I happened to go away for a girls' weekend, and Janet was there, so I brought the book.  The group of us proceeded to read it out loud, enjoying it very much.  We snapped a photo of us in the hot tub with the book....very cute...and I posted it to Facebook, tagging Mr. Colesberry in it.  We got a lot of comments on that photo, the best one being Adrian Colesberry himself making wonderful comments, and then making MY picture his Facebook profile!  I was over the moon about that!

And now, a few days later, I am still over the moon, marveling at the wonder that is Facebook, knowing how much harder it used to be to connect with people who are smart and funny and relatively famous.....now it is within a few mouse clicks.  We've even exchanged some messages, as I had questions about the book relating to his current wife/baby etc. And he is as nice in person, and as funny, as he is in the book.  He has a Beta site where one can enter data and write their own HOW TO MAKE LOVE book.  It's not working yet, but you can bet, once it is up, I will be amongst the first to have a book there.  No, I won't be sharing that link!

No comments:

Post a Comment